- Also visit http://www.nepaliforhillary.com/clinton_s_plan_to_break_down_barriers_for_aapis
112 REASONS AND COUNTINGSecretary Clinton’s official website (https://www.hillaryclinton.com/) lists 112 reasons why Hillary should become the next President of the United States and it is still counting!
FRIEND OF NEPALSecretary Clinton has been to Nepal as the first lady during her 12 - day tour of South Asia in 1995 that centered on promoting better education health for women and girls in South Asian regions. Having traveled extensively in Nepal, she has a much deeper level of familiarity with India than any other candidate in the race.
SALIENT POINTS (WHY NEPALESE/BHUTANESE AMERICANS FOR HILLARY)
- Tested Leader: She is a strong, tested and resilient leader. She is standing strong against the roar of attacks and divisive partisan campaigning. Hillary Clinton’s positions on key issues mirror Obama’s: having been the Secretary of State in Obama administration, her foreign policy for example. Other examples include, “make it free community college”, ending the U.S. embargo with Cuba, going around Republicans in Congress and using executive power to change U.S. policy on immigration, creating a Medicare-for-all style health system and raising the minimum wage.
- Her empathy towards minorities including Asian and Nepalese/Bhutanese Americans has shown up time and again.
- Immigration HillaryClinton has promised that she will fix the nation's broken immigration system, improve access to higher education, and increase wages — all issues are extremely important for the Indian American electorate. "Ultimately this is more than an economic or political issue," she has said. "It's a family issue." Clinton pledged to work to reduce the backlog for family visas to reunite immigrant families.
Nepali Americans need comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to full and equal citizenship. Only Hillary, as President, can act on these issues in a jiffy.
- Small Business The economy is stronger and small businesses thrive when a Democratic President is in the White House. Nepalese/Bhutanese Immigrants are bound to enjoy huge support from Hillary Clinton administration.
- Public Safety Hillary Clinton believes that sanctuary cities can help further public safety. To the question, “Should every person purchasing a gun be required to pass a criminal and public safety background check?” Hillary Clinton has said yes, since public safety is important for Clinton.
- President Barack Obama has offered warm praise for Hillary Clinton. “The fact that she’s extraordinarily experienced – and, you know, wicked smart and knows every policy inside and out – sometimes could make her more cautious and her campaign more prose than poetry, but those are also her strengths,” Obama told Politico’s Glenn Thrush. Hillary Clinton is considered by many as President Obama’s true heir.
- Through President Obama executive order Nepali national living in the united States were designated Nepal for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for 18 months due to the devastating magnitude 7.8 earthquake that struck Nepal on April 25, 2015. https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/temporary-protected-status/temporary-protected-status-designated-country-nepal
Do you like this page?